Sunday, January 24, 2010

Linen Scarves How Do I Clean My Antique Linens?

How do I clean my antique linens? - linen scarves

I have a lot of old carpet and toilet paper, some are linen, some have a thin fabric, most decorated, some are embroidered with lace hook. They are yellow (which does not bother me much) is freaking old, some have spots, wrinkles are all available, because it has been taken a long time, but it seems structurally sound. What is the safest way these poor things without damaging the main substance or loosening of the stitching on the embroidery / crochet clean?

5 comments:

seraphin... said...

Take someone who has no great significance, and then try to see how good they are. I could only feel good, because the strength and hold the position for so long.

Dry cleaning is an excellent idea. I recommend, but if it is too expensive for you to obtain a mild detergent such as Woolite, and then soak in a sink, a sink is not used, or bucket or pan. Then they are completely dry. Place dry in the sun, and put some lemon on the yellow spots to take over yellow. But if you live in an apartment or somewhere with no restrictions that you can do, then only the top of the dryer and let them dry in the air all day one day.

Sawyer said...

As far as they are fixed, washed my hand with Woolite. Air dry. They can help slow the bleaching process to lighten or try Rit.

WHODEY said...

The proposals are all great ... I have, "OxiClean" (washing hands in a sink, of course) and it worked effctively they can in a sensitive environment of iron (less than with a cloth and iron on, or just walk over them without touching them directly.

memm said...

Oxy-clean, warm water, gentle cycle, flat, dry, if possible, do not use bleach, which literally eat the stuff! If you are not oxy-clean in the field of employment and borax Woolite cleaning method itself.

ladydrag... said...

I want to bring a dry cleaner.They renowned delicate.I are therefore a trustworthy person, but the best chance as they are irreplaceable.Good! Love, Peace forever! Placemats YOUR LOVE, I had some ..

Post a Comment